Call us today!  989-245-7750

Meet Our Coaches

Leah Tanton
Owner, Certified Exercise Physiologist
Everyone has the ability to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle, but research says ~8% of people independently achieve their goals. I’m here for the other 92%. I help my clients develop a vision of how they see themselves, then we simply put together a plan that matches who there are. My passion is driven by helping individuals sift through life’s circumstances to find their reason, and make the permanent change that develops from the inside out.

- M.S. Exercise Science: Central Michigan University
- Lecturer for Physical Therapy Program: University of Michigan Flint
- Exercise Science Lecturer: Mott Community College, Flint
- B.A. Fitness Management: Saginaw Valley State University
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Certified Exercise Physiologist
- Level II Exercise is Medicine Credential
- American Academy of Health and Fitness
- Senior Fit Certified
- Certified Chair Chi Instructor
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- Michigan High School Athletic Association & Basketball Referee
Samantha Freeman "Sam"
Group Exercise Instructor & Personal Trainer
I am a cancer survivor. I use this experience to encourage my clients through their own difficult circumstances in life. Everyone has a story. By sharing our stories with others, we can lift each other up in hard times, and rejoice together as we achieve victories. I help my clients to see the treasure in each new day by feeling their bodies grow stronger and healthier.

- Bachelors in Exercise Science & Minor in Athletic Coaching: Saginaw Valley State University
- Certified Personal Trainer: American College of Sports Medicine
- Physical Therapy Tech
- Group Exercise Instructor
- Licensed Zumba Instructor
Linda Dyball
Group Exercise Specialist
I believe in making exercise feel like a big dance party, not exercise! When you come to my classes, I promise you will leave with sweaty clothes and a smile.

- Licensed Zumba™ and Zumba Gold™ Instructor: Linda has been teaching group exercise classes in the Linden, Swartz Creek, and Fenton area for over 9 years!
Pamela Shaefer "Pam"
Fitness Instructor
Hello, I’m Pam, an enthusiastic educator who has learned that physical fitness not only heals and enhances our quality of movement, it elevates the mind and spirit! It is fulfilling to help others become more aware of the most effective medicine for life, which is exercise. My job is to help you discover your physical strengths and limitations, identify the functional fitness goals you want to achieve, and enjoy the journey of getting there, step by step!

- Masters in Education: University of California-Davis
- Bachelors in Communication: Michigan State University
- Physical Therapy Study: 45 credits, MCC PTA Program
- Certified Group Fitness Instructor: American Council on Exercise
- CPR/AED Certified: American Heart Association

Bringing the Gym to You!

Personal Training & Group Exercise Classes

Total Fitness offers personal training and group exercise classes in Linden, Fenton, Swartz Creek, Grand Blanc, Flint, Ann Arbor, Whitmore Lake, Hartland, Highland, Holly, Lake Fenton, Brighton, Clarkston, and other cities within the state of Michigan upon request.
Copyright 2020.  In Home Total Fitness.  |  All rights reserved.